Re: [ARSCLIST] Brunswick Records rights/Universal

----- Original Message -----
From: <Dnjchi@xxxxxxx>
> For years I used to listen (in Erie, PA) to the CBC show "Gilmore's
Albums".
> similarly a mix of the old and the obscure.  Sorry to hear he passed away
some
> time ago.

Some time ago, I won Clyde Gilmour's eternal gratitude! He was interviewed
in a
magazine and mentioned that the first record he had enjoyed was <forget the
title> by "Nate Glantz" back in the early twenties on an old 78, and added
he wished he could hear it again but as near as he knew it had never been
reissued that he could find.

As it happened, the record he was talking about was an old HMV-Victor in the
Canada-only 216xxx series...and I happened to have a duplicate copy. I made
arrangements to give it to him in person...and he told me he had never
expected to hear it again...