[ARSCLIST] Huge classical collection (LPs and CDs) looking for a home

Forwarded in hopes that someone will be interested. Please do not reply to me or the MLA poster -- contact info is in the body of the message.

Best,

Joel

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:14:14 -0500
From: "Mantz, Stephen" <stmantz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [MLA-L] Private collection looking for a home
To: MLA-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Passing on this request from someone here in the Charlotte, NC area.
Send responses directly to him:

A music lover in the area has recently had a stroke, and has had to move
from his house into a facility.  This gentleman has a collection of
classical LPs that numbers between 32,000-35,000 discs.  (Yes, that's
thousands.  When they removed the discs from his house, the house
literally rose a couple inches).  There are also, I believe, maybe 8,000
CDs too.  About half the LPs have never been opened; many have been
played only once or twice.  His practice was to, every day at lunch,
open an LP and listen to it.

If you are interested in the collection, or have suggestions of who
might, please contact Craig Winslow at 704-243-1653 or at
winspam@xxxxxxxxxx .  Craig is helping out, trying to find a home for
this collection, which he'd hate to have to discard.

Many thanks!

Stephen Mantz
Music Librarian, Davidson College
P.O. Box 7200, Davidson NC 28035

stmantz@xxxxxxxxxxxx
704-894-2721 (phone); 704-894-2593 (fax)

Joel Bresler 250 E. Emerson Rd. Lexington, MA 02420 USA

781-862-4104 (Telephone & FAX)
joel.br@xxxxxxxxxxx
back-up email: joelbresler-at-gmail.com