Re: [ARSCLIST] Quote Citings--was: the public Domain

Anytime I send a message to this list or any other, the original message is below. Others grab snips, put them above text and then put their text below. That's fine but just make sure you're quoting the right person. Is it not clear what the original message to which I'm now replying was? It's right below my text. Always is.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "steven c" <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:10 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Quote Citings--was: the public Domain

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I did not write any of the first part that's attributed to me. That's Bob
Ohlsson first and then
someone else later. Also, earlier in this thread, another listmember took
one of my quotes way out
of context. Did not have time to jump on him then but please, folks, let's
make sure we're
attributed stuff to those who actually wrote it. Thanks.

The mis-crediting isn't usually intended...it is just the way e-mail works!
If Tom had included any quoted messages in his (which I quoted above, as
the citation suggests) it could also be included in my quote...and whether
or not that was properly cited would depend on whether it had been in
the message I quoted!

Including the entire thread would make sure all the quotes were
properly cited...but it would also create a VERY large message,
and one that would be difficult to read...