From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Angie Dickinson Mickle
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:29 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] creating access cd's

Lou Judson wrote:
> Well, I have been a professional in audio for 40 years, and started
> digital on Macs with Protoools in 1995. If you are aware of things
like
> using dedicated drives for audio, not recording to your startup
drives,
> how to maintain digital audio purity by avoiding destructive
> operations,  and the like you'll be fine. It seems that none of the
> windows audio people ever mention any of this!

Maybe it isn't mentioned because we "windows audio people" consider it
common knowledge.  For someone new to digital recording, it may not be.

A drive used for only audio doesn't necessarily have to be an external
drive, just another drive in the system other than the C drive. I've
been using ide and scsi drives to record multi-track audio since 1995.
It has only been in the last few years that I started using firewire.
And that has really only been for convenience.

Angie Dickinson Mickle
Avocado Productions
www.avocadoproductions.com