[ARSCLIST] CD write speed & CD-R Longevity

Greetings everyone,

The bottom line is, if you are not testing the CD's you are writing, you do not know what quality they are.  The process is completely dependant on the interaction between the individual writer you are using and the blank media you put in it.  You can put the "best" blank disc with a guaranteed life span of 1000 years in your CD writer, burn it at the "recommended optimum write speed" but, if you don't test it when it is done you don't know what you've got.

I have been burning TY media at 2x for seven years and still get Ave BLER of .2, Ave E11 0, no E22, no E32, no Dropouts, using a Clover Systems analyzer.  That is ridiculously good.  Recently I went back and analyzed some seven year old discs and the results were identical to the original analysis.  There wasn't even a change that could be attributed to the aging of the analyzer.  That was amazing.  So much for cyanine discs only lasting 5 years...

I used Mitsui media for a few years but got consistently poor performance with my system so I stopped.  And, I NEVER use 80 min blanks.  Once my supplier sent me a batch of 80's by mistake.  As soon as I burned and analyzed one I new what had happened.  They are trouble.

Kevin