Re: [ARSCLIST] Memorex CDs and more!

I agree.

I once saw a demonstration of a reproducing piano at the Music House in Traverse City, MI. http://www.musichouse.org
They were using a roll of Rhapsody in Blue recorded by Gershwin. It was absolutely fascinating to watch.

Angie Dickinson Mickle
www.avocadoproductions.com

Robert Hodge wrote:
ANY properly restored grand or upright piano with a properly restored Welte, Duo Art or Ampico A or B reproducing system will beat the pants off ANY electronic system that doesn't use a real piano.

IMNSHO

Bob Hodge

tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 1/18/2006 12:43 PM >>>

Hi Karl:

This is fascinating. Do you play the rolls back on a vintage player piano or use a modern digital-translation system?

Also, who else did piano rolls? Didn't someone release an album of Gershwin playing his own pieces from a set of rolls or was that someone else? I remember there being a lot of mainstream media about something involving "lost" rolls found and recorded for CD a few years ago.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>