[ARSCLIST] Pianorolls, was: Memorex CDs and more!

This is fascinating topic. I worked with the Musee Mechanique in SF recording all their unique and unusual instruments a couple of years ago:

http://www.museemechanique.org/machines.html - the souvenir recordings we made were mic'd playbacks in the museum, perhaps not archival quality, but very real and genuine...

And after learning more than I ever imagined about how the machines are maintianed and operated from the curator, Dan Zelinsky, wonder about a few things in releasing recordings... such as adjusting the speed and tracking of the rolls, all the timing and tuning issues, and so on.

I may have missed part of the thread (due to unchanged subject lines!) so where can I find ou tmore about the one you are talking about here? (offlist if preferred).

Thanks,

Lou

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689