Re: [ARSCLIST] Memorex CDs

Or maybe Baird/Phonovision/Radiovision,30 line video,or even the vinyl SelectaVision-type discs! ; )

steven c <stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  ----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Miller"
> And what is the take on this article?
>
> " If you want to avoid having to burn new CDs every few years, use
> magnetic tapes to store all your pictures, videos and songs for a
> lifetime"

And we know, often from sad experience, that magnetic-tape storage
is often somewhat short of one's lifetime!

Too bad we no longer press shellac discs, which do seem to have
a life just short of eternal (if not dropped and basement drains
don't get plugged and back up...)

Steven C. Barr

Yahoo! Photos