Re: [ARSCLIST] Memorex CDs

Mitsui Toatsu Chemicals patented a specific phthalocyanine dye. Different
phthalocyanine dyes have been developed by other companies for the purpose
of avoiding the MT patents. Likewise, there are also different cyanine dyes
generated for the purpose of avoiding Taiyo Yuden patents.

This situation challenges recording drive manufacturers who may include
information in firmware that addresses the varying dye issue. Defaults are
used if specific info is not in firmware.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.