Re: [ARSCLIST] Sound card recommendations

on 1/11/06 9:25 PM US/Central, Konrad Strauss at
konrad.strauss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> DAT has never been accepted as a CD master (premaster is actually the correct
> term, the master is the glass plate from which stampers are made).

DAT striped with 30Hz ndf, with frame accurate start of track marks
(accompanied by a printout), and audio at 44.1kHz was accepted at JVC for
several years, and a similar setup was available at some European plants.

We did several hundred of these that went to JVC.

They did ask that we use a PCM-70xx class machine, and we bought a PCM-7050
for this specific purpose.

---
Parker Dinkins
MasterDigital Corporation