Re: [ARSCLIST] Risk assessment tool Q3--DAT

Here's what a real live CBC producer has to say:

"As far as I know all archiving is now done to hard disc or CDR. Some DAT backup is still
being done, though a lot of stuff sits
in Archives on DAT. No idea when they expect to burn that to CD or whatever. MAny of the
early Archive DATS were done
with the wretched Sony 1000 series machines with no time code at 48K and with dubious
archival properties."

dl