Re: [ARSCLIST] 101 strings collection up for grabs LA area

Karl Miller <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As I reflect on what seems to be the continuing decline of interest in
classical music, I sense my 101 strings records might end up being the
"gold" in my collection. As I think about it...not that I collect to
impress anyone...if I told someone I have things like a 1930s  NBC Symphony
broadcast of the music of Johh Hausserman...who will care, but at least with
101 strings, you can get some name recognition.

Karl                                                                                                       What on earth are you talkng about? The market for collectable classical records has been growing like an uncontrolled kudzu,for the past 15 years,to the point,where you can get $20-25,for more common classical 78 sets, from the 40s.Never mind,all of the stuff that now sells in the 100s of dollars,like early EMI stereo,that were $40-50 a few years ago.Or are you talikng about new CDs ?If you are,there's a good reason,nooone wants them.They sound like crap,and almost all of the good people are dead.                                                                        Roger