Re: [ARSCLIST] Siegfried Borries an d Johannes Schüler

Schuller, I don't know at all, but Borries was concertmaster of the BPO at some point starting in the 1930s. I can check this out more thoroughly early next week if no one else has supplied sufficient detail. He made a number of other recordings including a Brahms Concerto under Max Fiedler (1936).

Peter Hirsch

Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:

For my first post to this board,I am asking about a record I bought on eBay ,in October,the item number is 4782451056,and can be searched as such.This is an outstanding recording,of the Beethoven Romance,in F,performed by a violinist,named Siegfried Borries,and The Berlin Philharmonic,conducted,by Johannes Schuller.This is on Electrola DB 4661.Does anybody know anthing about these two men ? I cannot find anything.

Yahoo! Shopping