Re: [ARSCLIST] Tape Speed resolver question

Bruce Maddocks:

> The tapes were recorded in 1975 and I have had no success in discovering
> what type of resolver/synchronizer hardware was used to generate the
> sync tone and then speed resolve the tapes.
>
> A spectrum analysis of the sync track shows a predominant peak at about
> 3KHz.
>
> The signal may be a form of FM pilot.

Hmmm.

At about 3 kHz.

SMPTE time code used for synching is close to 2.4 kHz.

This was almost in universal use back then.

http://www.philrees.co.uk/articles/timecode.htm

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther