Re: [ARSCLIST] MP3 bit rates and usage factors for Web pages

Hi Karl

They were banned because we had given them permission to listen to all the audio
we had on this particular subject, and take notes, infact as many notes as they
could write.  But, they over-stepped the mark and sneaked into the archive a
recording device and asked for some particularly 'juicy' bits of audio that
they wanted to listen to that day.  We now know why, because they had
intentionally decided to record the audio illegally and use it for their own
purposes.  These people were pro the defendent appearing in court, who was a
child sex offender.

They were given there device back after we destroyed the tape within.  Also,
word was put out to other Archives in NZ about these people and it became
apparent they had tried tactics in other institutions.  So, that is why they
were banned.

Needless to say, there were policy changes made about visiting researchers.
Unfortunately, there is always a bad apple in every carton.

Cheers

Marie