From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of dan kjeldgaard
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:28 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] MP3 bit rates and usage factors for Web pages

 This is one reason why collections shouldn't be donated;  they tend to
disappear into the bowels of "some institution", instead of being
enjoyed by another generation. If the same attitude prevailed over the
written word, we'd probably be paying for every line of Shakespeare.
Somebody would own it, surely.