Re: [ARSCLIST] LP storage &c.

There is an excellent article in the ARSC Journal on storange and hanl;ing of sound recordings. Check the index. It's by Richard Warren, the curator of the Historical Sound Archives at Yale.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lani Spahr" <lani_spahr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] LP storage &c.

--- phillip holmes <insuranceman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for your input...

And buy some ear plugs.

hah hah hah :-) Yes, I've heard all the jokes, and I do play. I'm also a professional oboist.

that most players have hearing damage.

I'd like to see the data, actually. It's louder to the listener than the player. The sound comes out the chanter and shoots straight out, not up to the player. But you're right, it'll take the paint off the wall at 200 yards. They didn't call the Highland regiments "The Ladies from Hell" for nothing. :-)

Cheers,
Lani Spahr (Mr)