Re: [ARSCLIST] MP3 bit rates and usage factors for Web pages

In a message dated 11/30/2005 4:01:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ArcLists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

(2) Do you have any restrictions about stream-only vs. download or stream?
***********

As a user I will plead for download.  Streaming just doesn't work very well
with slow dialup or intermittent cable connections. I finally had to resort to
Total Recorder to make the BBC archive feeds listenable.

Of course many feel that streaming is mandatory for copyright protection,
which I don't understand from a technical viewpoint since it forces me to make a
copy to listen to! On my system (XP) if you click on a downloadable link,
Media Player plays it, but a copy appears only in the Temporary Internet File,
which most people don't know how to access anyway.

Mike Csontos

Mike Csontos