Re: [ARSCLIST] Patagonia Festival

Karl Miller wrote:
Perhaps some of you are familiar with a series of opera recordings done on
the Period label (Thrift edition) which featured the "Patagonia Festival"
chorus, orchestra conducted by "Ralph de Cross."

Not surprisingly, I have found some information that states these are
likely fictious names. Does anyone have any specific references to the
possible sources for these recordings, in particular the Mozart Abduction
from the Seraglio.

They are all fictitious, I believe all captured from European broadcast. Period claimed to have been duped by whoever sold them the tapes. The provenance varies: the Comte Ory abridgement is from Maggio Musicale (Act I was even broadcast in the U.S.), the Traviata is the DGG recording with Scotto, and so on.

I do not have the cast information myself but I'm sure it is available from another list to which I subscribe; shall I ask there and, if so, either have the response come to me for relay to the list or directly to Karl?

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/