Re: [ARSCLIST] Patagonia Festival

I believe there was a long article contemporary with their release or a bit later. I think it was Kalodin in Saturday Review. I think it also discussed noms de disque of the Camden stuff, among others including, if I remember right after all these years, the Collosseum opera mess.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Miller" <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 3:38 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Patagonia Festival

Perhaps some of you are familiar with a series of opera recordings done on
the Period label (Thrift edition) which featured the "Patagonia Festival"
chorus, orchestra conducted by "Ralph de Cross."

Not surprisingly, I have found some information that states these are
likely fictious names. Does anyone have any specific references to the
possible sources for these recordings, in particular the Mozart Abduction
from the Seraglio.

Thanks.

Karl