Re: [ARSCLIST] [AMPEX] Fwd: Re: [ARSCLIST] Loss of Lubricant and A- and B-winds

Cross posted

Richard and all,
Silicon is found in the original base and binder of audio tape as part
of the lubricant. My solution does contain a small amount of silicon of
a special type, suitable for audio applications. Took us a long time to
fit this in, silicon is a nasty substance.
Using our solution is the only way I found to effectively handle loss of
lubricants in tapes in one go WITHOUT damaging the player or the tape.
When I started in developing it I needed a solution to cleaning and
lubricating tapes in one go otherwise the process would have been too
time consuming. Also we needed a product that will penetrate the first
tape layer into the recording layer to lubricate it and dry out before
the tape reach the player guides/heads and cause damage. Unless used
wrong (i.e. too much) my "magic elixir" as you call it is already into
the tape's second layer with a dry tape face by the time it reach the
tape guides! We are talking about 1.0 second and less here.
In the development is a unit that could be fitted on any tape
recorder/player and perform the lubrication automatically. It will also
make for a longer tape run before-the-first-guide to ensure a complete
dry out.
We are discussing a US distribution for both as a first commercial step.
So sorry I am very slow to market type...
All puns intended.

Joav Shdema
Producer/Engineer
Joav Shdema Inc.