Re: [ARSCLIST] VPI Vs. Nitty Gritty

Gompers wrote:
>I'm looking into the nitty gritty 2.5. Could anyone tell me their
>experiences with the VPI 16.5 since it's in the same price range?
>(I'm too lazy to wash my discs in the sink)

I have had excellent results with the VPI 16.5.  It is important not to be
too aggressive with that brush on vinyl, though, lest you get swishing as a
result.

Generally, the VPI machine is terrific at getting that deep-down crud and,
combined with a new stylus or laser turntable, gives spectacular results.

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxx>
Recording/Production/Broadcast Engineer