Re: [ARSCLIST] Magnetic Tape - questions...

Dnjchi@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 11/7/2005 5:38:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > we were using half-mil tape at slow speed at CJRT in the
> > late 60s when this was the only way to record long programs to run on the

Oh, oh.  Don?

Don?

Actually, Don sent another note off-list and this one was probably not meant to
go out. Reminds me that another time at CJRT, the automated system heard more
than 5 seconds of dead air during the opera program (long flip) and panicked
and went to the next tape, which WAS the Jazz Scene. That contraption is
probably rusting in a landfill somewhere today.

dl