Re: [ARSCLIST] Capitol's recording studios

Speaking of recording studios in New York, can anyone help with information regarding the recording studio used for the recording of "Mr. Sandman", by The Chordettes, Cadence Label. I'm trying to find out the studio used, the address, and the date, if possible.

Rod Smear

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Kiefer [mailto:ptk1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 11:06 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Capitol's recording studios

Records in the Fred Waring Archives indicate recording for Capitol in
1957-58 in "Riverside Plaza"and after that (1959-1965) in "Manhattan
Center". It also indicates the Capitol office address as 1730 Broadway.
Pete Kiefer

At 12:34 PM 10/27/2005, seva wrote:
>got this info from bob:
>

>>There was a Capitol studio in New York in the mid '60s because I walked
>>by it on the way to my hotel!
>>
>>--
>>Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery,
>>Nashville TN
>>Mastering, Audio for Picture, Mix
>>Evaluation and Quality Control
>>Over 40 years making people sound
>>better than they ever imagined!
>>615.385.8051
>>http://www.hyperback.com
>

>--
>w/best regards,
>seva
>mastering engineer
>http://www.soundcurrent.com
>

>|| |  |   |     |        |             |                     |
>Things are not what they seem to be; nor are they otherwise.
>   -- Lankavatara Sutra

The Waring Webpage address is:
                     www.libraries.psu.edu/waring/

Peter T. Kiefer, Coordinator
Fred Waring's America Collection
The Pennsylvania State University
313 Pattee Library
University Park, PA 16802-1800
Voice: (814) 863-2911
Email: fredwaring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"The World is a stage, don't trip over a prop."