Re: [ARSCLIST] Digitization

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Tom Fine wrote:

> Hi Ishumael:
>
> Probably the simplest solution is get a stand-alone CD recorder. I'm sure
> many on this list have specific recommendations. Of course, you need a phono
> preamp to go between your phono cartridge and the CD recorder, for instance
> the phono section of a preamp, integrated amp or receiver. Or a standalone
> phono preamp. Many hardware options and I'm sure others will chime in with
> specific recommendations.

An easy solution...Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder which has a built-in
phono preamp and cassette machine. MSRP $949 Street cost, c. $800.

If you want noise reduction...and have a computer...there are many low
cost options...however, the better noise reduction will cost you a bit.

Bottom line, clean your records and needle before recording.

Karl