Re: [ARSCLIST] Seen at AES NYC

External mic inputs I can see, but 48 volts phantom probably isn't
realistic due to the fancy switching power supply it would require.

AA batteries only generate 1.5 volts each- and not at very high an
amperage.

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

>>> ArcLists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/12/2005 10:51 AM >>>
Now this is starting to get exciting. While not perfect, I've usually
been happy with the sound of Sony products.

I found, "<http://www.sony.com>Sony showed its new PCM-D1 portable
field recorder. Yow! About $2k, including 4-gig Flash memory off
rechargeable or AA batteries. Linear PCM recording or compressed audio
files."

at
http://enews.primediabusiness.com/enews/mix/mixlinestudio/2005_10_07_10705_aes_enewsletter/view.html

Those LOOK (but that's part of the marketing, I guess) like serious
condenser mic capsules. Look similar to (but not identical to) AKG
C451 capsules.

It's not clear if the 4GB is built in or removable.

Hopefully this also has external mic inputs AND 48V phantom power.

At 10:25 AM 10/12/2005, Eugene Lew wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>Here are some pics of the hand-held solid state recorder that Sony
plans
>to ship in december:
>http://pro.miroc.co.jp/AES2005/2nd_day/2st_day_sony.html
>details are shown in the screen photo at the above link.
>
>The demo unit felt solid, wasn't as heavy as it looks, and was easy
>operate.
>
>more:
>http://www.oade.com/Tapers_Section/Forum/user_files/99.jpg
>http://beradio.com/currents/blog/photoblog10082005/