Re: [ARSCLIST] Seen at AES NYC

If you are taking a board feed only, then you aren't even using the preamps, are you? Thus your experience doesn't include the mic pres...

<L>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689

On Oct 12, 2005, at 4:26 AM, Prentice, Will wrote:

We use the Fostex FR2 for documentary recording of live music and
theatre performances, in each case simply taking a feed from the house
mixing desk (which is the extent of our remit in that regard). The
noisefloor from lighting, heating etc is such that preamp performance of
the Fostex hasn't been an issue. That said, at the time we bought them
the only other contender in the price range was the Marantz PMD670,
which had a noticeably noisier preamp, and other features less
appropriate to our needs.

Will