Re: [ARSCLIST] Seen at AES NYC

Konrad Strauss wrote:
> Did you look at the Fostex flash recorder? At a list of $1200 it looked like
> a great option. With a 5 gig flash card you get 2 hours of 96k 24-bit
> recording. It also takes the 1.8" PCMCIL hard discs.
>
> http://www.fostex.com/index.php?file=products/pfr/fr2

I've been enthralled by this thing for a couple of years now, but neither we (the Vermont Folklife Center) nor I have ventured to buy one yet.

A visitor to the field recording equipment website that I maintain recently emailed a comment about the unit--that it has been "plagued by file corruption problems." This note was the first I've heard about any problems with the unit, and since it came out of the blue I don't know what to think.

Has anyone else come across this issue? The one review I've seen of the FR2 was stellar.

andy

--
Andy Kolovos