To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Collectables Records

Sorry can't answer your questions, but early on they seem to have issued many
items from Everest and Interstate (UK), blues from Fire/Fury, and lots of RnR & DooWop.
They also have a series from Stinson Records (possibly by way of Everest???)
which are currently being unloaded for about $4.
Quite a few years ago they were criticised for lousy remastering in the columns of Goldmine,
but supposedly cleaned up their act.
Currently they license from major labels, many jazz and pop titles from Columbia
which are very nice to be able to get (Lee Wiley, Condon, et.al.). I Think there
are also RCA titles and things from Colpix.
They seem to retail through "Nina's Discount Oldies".
Have you tried phoning or writing them directly? Please share any information you obtain. Thanks.
Best wishes, Thomas.

Steven Smolian wrote:

When we were doing the CLIR survey, this company came up. I believe we determined that it did not license.

My charts for this info are buried right now, so I can't give you the basis on which we decided this.

If memory serves, they are in Narberth, PA.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>