Re: [ARSCLIST] 78's and PD, was Curatorial Responsibility, formerly Copyright of treasures

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Farrington, Jim wrote:

> It is also available as a download. Click on full text or pdf to see the text. This is incredibly important work that Tim and Steve have done.

I have a copy and have read it and recommend it too all with an interest
in the subject. You can drop to the conclusions page to get a sense of the
inequities...

In an earlier post mention was made of some inhouse Boston Symphony
recordings. I took my own copies and transferred them to CD and had them
cataloged for our collection...as far as I know, the only library holding
some of those performances...

For me, what is even more tragic, I am no longer allowed to make such
material available to our library, as the new Director sees no value in
it.

Karl