Re: [ARSCLIST] water damaged cds

While I have not examined any of these discs, it appears that submersion in contaminated water at elevated temperatures can damage some DVD's.

I'm curious about what you mean by "elevated temperatures" ?

Meanwhile, remember that the contamination in the water is sewage, as well as chemicals for treating it that were washed out of the treatment plants with the sewage, as well as petroleum based chemicals (which will do a number on the plastics on an optical disc). That's GOT to be rough on the DVDs.

Diamond Productions
Specializing in analog tape & film preservation / restoration in the digital domain.
Dave Bradley President