Re: [ARSCLIST] Requiem for the DAT (redux, was Storage of audio CDs)

While I will agree that widespread availability of material is a viable methodology for dissemination, I was trying to point out that for "preservation files" (typically either born-digital or migrated at a higher sample rate than Redbook CD), one might wish to consider another carrier for the data. Supplemental migration of this data is essential for preservation.

The "operating system" for books hasn't changed very much over the years, but the same cannot be said for computers.

John

John Spencer
www.bridgemediasolutions.com