From: "George G. Strawley" <strawley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 2:08 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Storage of audio CDs

> Hello:
>
> I am new to this list and even newer to audio archiving, so please forgive
me if my question is old hat for some.

> I am researching a plan for our newly created CDs containing once-analog
oral history interviews. I could have sworn I came across some research,
probably on the Web, suggesting that an anodized steel cabinet was preferred
over enameled steel or wood for storing CDs. However, when I went back to
check the information, I couldn't find it among my bookmarks. I checked
NIST, Colorado Digitization Program, LC -- nothing on the subject. Has
anybody ever come across such a recommendation? If so, where? And while
we're at it, what do you use for storing CDs?