[ARSCLIST] Storage of audio CDs

Hello:

I am new to this list and even newer to audio archiving, so please forgive me if my question is old hat for some.

I am researching a plan for our newly created CDs containing once-analog oral history interviews. I could have sworn I came across some research, probably on the Web, suggesting that an anodized steel cabinet was preferred over enameled steel or wood for storing CDs. However, when I went back to check the information, I couldn't find it among my bookmarks. I checked NIST, Colorado Digitization Program, LC -- nothing on the subject. Has anybody ever come across such a recommendation? If so, where? And while we're at it, what do you use for storing CDs?

Thanks,

George Strawley
Intern
Institute of Jazz Studies