[ARSCLIST] Ebay

That's the trick to Ebay... Reading the description, noting what's NOT said
and asking pertinent questions. Another is sticking to the budget and not
getting caught up in a bidding war. To that end, I use an automated bidding
service, esnipe.com, set the maximum I want to pay and don't look at it
again. It bids in the last 3 seconds or so and I get an Email when the
auction closes telling me if I won or not.

I know these things and STILL get caught out when rare items come up. I
bought a Dolby 422 decoder that came in semi-inoperative. I'd been looking
for one at a reasonable price and hadn't seen one in over a year of
searching. When I saw it, discipline went out the window. Now, I can't even
find anyone at Dolby to talk to to find out how and where to get it
repaired, never mind how much it'd cost! They don't even have a manual for
the thing so it may be that it works fine and I just don't know how to use
it.