Re: [ARSCLIST] Theremin, was [ARSCLIST] Unique record-related scents

Hi --

Don Cox wrote:

> On 14/09/05, Steve Puntolillo wrote:
>
> > The Theremin is hanging in there. Check out:
> >
> > http://www.lydiakavina.com/
> >
> > Lydia is Theremin's grand daughter. She's the poster child for
> > Theremin. She's also an accomplished pianist (and a very
> nice lady for
> > that matter.)
> >
> > I recorded some of this Lydia Kavina Theremin CD, mixed
> some of it and
> > mastered all of it for Mode records:
> >
> > http://www.mode.com/catalog/076theremin.html
> >
> > We recently remastered it for re-release. (The tools have improved
> > since 1997.) If you are a Theremin lover and decide to buy the CD,
> > make sure you get the newer version.
>
> I already have Mode 76. Are you saying these are the same
> performances,
> but remastered?

Correct. It just sounds a bit better.

> It says "Mode is planning a second disc of theremin works with
> Lydia Kavina to appear in 2000/2001."
>
> I take it this never happened?

Not that I know of. For all I know, the recordings might be "in the can"
with the release waiting for funding.

Cheers,

-- Steve

Steve Puntolillo
Sonicraft Inc. - Analog and Digital Audio Services
http://www.sonicraft.com