Re: [ARSCLIST] Basic studio setup

Alyssa Ryvers <alyssa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Thought I would mention so that I said I did that if you haven't yet
>
>bought the computer; buy a Mac - less headaches.

Well, the absolute last thing that I want to do here is start a Mac/PC war,
but I will say that this statement is far from a guaranteed truth.  A
properly configured system of either variety with well-engineered software
will be largely trouble-free.  I have had my share of experience with both
platforms and both of them can be frustrating beyond description if some
little thing isn't just so.  My current Win2KPro setup has been a stellar
performer, is largely auto-configured and has denied me far less sleep than
the last Mac system I used (OS X, etc., etc.)--and I *like* Unix/Linux.  Try
both platforms, choose the one that suits your software (and temperament)
best and make sure that you have someone nearby who can troubleshoot for you
if you're not up to the task yourself.

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxx>