Re: [ARSCLIST] Any feedback on the status of Hogan Archive at Tulane University (in New Orleans)

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Steven Smolian wrote:

> And the barrier to this is, clearly, the present copyright laws.

Yes, but, in the interest of preservation, I believe (and trust many
would agree) it is a barrier that does not ultimately serve the greater
good...and yes, I do believe the concept of copyright ultimately serves
the greater good.

> Now is the time to document losses and potential losses, for ARSC to collect
> them through our Copyright Committeee (eh, Tim?), and study the resulting
> data, preparing the results to present to Congress.

Yes, sadly, it might be a good time to have the greatest impact.

Karl