Re: [ARSCLIST] "Archival" DVD-R?

on 8/9/05 2:55 PM, Alexis Weatherl at alexisw@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Please elaborate on your testing methods.  I also have a masterlink and am
> very interested in what programs or methods you are specifically using to
> determine hard drive failure.

Twice a year we burn an 80 minute disc and send it to a mastering facility
which has a Clover CD tester. They return error reports. Any burner which
exhibits E22 errors is earmarked for replacement. Unfortunately you cannot
use off-the-shelf CD burners, you have to buy them from Alesis for about
$80.00 each. Originally I had the brilliant idea of buying a burner from
Alesis, then once I new the model number I could buy it from another vendor
at a lower cost. No dice, the burners are discontinued and aren't available
through any source I've found.

--
Konrad Strauss
Director of Recording Arts