[ARSCLIST] Turntable Reverse Rotation

I am working on a project of transferring a collection of 16" lacquers, a
number of which have suffered water or humidity damage, due to poor storage
conditions.

One of them is a glass base disc of the Koussevitzky 2/27/1943 world
premiere broadcast of the Roy Harris Symphony #5. One side of the disc is
playable; the other side is delaminating. A portion of the lacquer has
started to peel off, but is still attached. I have had some success with
re-affixing peeling lacquer in the past, but unfortunately, differential
shrinkage has set in, and the partially peeled off section does not quite
align with the unpeeled section. The method of re-attaching the peel is
temporary and not strong, and I would appreciate any hints on a permanent
method.

While I can readily deal with the clicks and clunks this will cause, I am
reluctant to try to play the side, as the normal rotation of the disc and
stylus would "go against the grain" of the peel, and the stylus would try to
lift the peel off the glass. I would probably have a greater chance of
success in playing this side if I could play the disc while it is rotated
counter-clockwise, and at 16 2/3 rpm.

Has anyone here ever done this? Of course, the arm will have to be
re-mounted, and there will be a problem with the offset geometry, but I'm
willing to suffer the tracking angle distortion if I can play this disc. I
do have an aircheck of this performance, but the sound on this disc is
rather better, and without the severe pitch problems of the aircheck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Kevin Mostyn