Re: [ARSCLIST] 33 to 78

Hello Steve

Let's see whether my somewhat primitive arithmetic can help.

33 1/3 > 66 2/3 is an octave, while 100 is an octave and a fifth.

So 78.26 would be somewhere between a ninth and a tenth.

How about recording one of the 78s at 78 in one file, then at 33 1/3 to
another file, matching one of the skipless regions on the 78 file to the 33
1/3 track.

In Samplitude I'd open separate VIPs (project files) for the two versions.
It would be easy to adjust the pitch of one without altering the other. With
both files showing on the monitor, clicking on first one file then the
other, playback comparison would be easy.

Salutations, David L

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Smolian" <smolians@xxxxxxxxx> To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: July 07, 2005 11:32 AM Subject: [ARSCLIST] 33 to 78

I'm having a problem dubing a bunch of 78s which skip a lot at that speed.

They seem to play through at 33.

Eq aside, if I record at 33, how many half-tones do I need to bump up the
sound file in the computer to get to 78.26 or thereabouts?

Steve Smolian