[ARSCLIST] delamination of CDs

I am not a preservation scientist or even an knowledgeable audiophile, but an archives conservator charged with the task of researching best practises for digitization of magnetic media.  So, my question may seem naive: is it known whether CDs are laminated with an adhesive?  and if so, is it known which adhesive this is?  It seems to me that a different process. such as heat or pressure lamination would be more appropriate?
Bev Lambert, Archives Conservator
Provincial Archives at The Rooms
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada