Re: [ARSCLIST] labeling tape boxes

> Does anyone here have suggestions for a labeling product that
> doesn't cause TOO much damage to cardboard, but will last at least a
> few years until the collection can make its way to a repository?

Matthew,

Not to be facetious at all, but the best tool I know that fits the needs
you describe is a pencil.

Assuming, of course, there is enough blank space on the reel boxes and
that the cardboard isn't coated so that pencil won't adhere.

I understand the concerns about graphite dust and such, but I can't
imagine that would be much of a problem as long as you limit your
markings to the box exterior.

Others, no doubt, will disagree.

Best,

andy

-- ********************************* Andy Kolovos Archivist/Folklorist Vermont Folklife Center P.O. Box 442 Middlebury, VT 05753 (802) 388-4964 akolovos @ vermontfolklifecenter.org http://www.vermontfolklifecenter.org