Re: [ARSCLIST] BST turntables for 78

Hello again Francesco,

I'm confused!!!??? I thought you wanted at turntable that was portable
and easy to set up in the field. The Thorens and Lenco units don't look
too portable to me. They seem to be higher end units, but not for field
work. The Numark is very portable with a carrying handle. These are the
general specs from the Numark site:

12" X 12" X 3.875" – Fits easily in record crates to make transportation
easy and convenient
_ Carry Handle allows for effortless removal from record crates or for
easy carrying.
_ Removable Dustcover with Locking Slide Latch
_ 7" Platter Plays at 33 1/3 , 45, and 78 RPM
_ Plays both 12" and 45 records with included 45 adapter
_ +/- 10% Pitch Control
_ Tone Control
_ Gain Control
_ On board monitor for use with out headphones
_ High Quality Felt Slipmat allows for scratching
_ Durable Auto-Start/Stop Tonearm
_ 1/8" & 1/4" Headphone outputs
_ Lineout for recording
_ Use 6 "D" Cell batteries (not included) or use included 12V AC Transformer

The BST PR 100 turntable looks a bit nicer to me, but it seems to only handle 33/45, no 78 plus it looks to be a straight turntable without the built in preamp, jacks and speaker of the Numark.

Anyway, you were concerned about the shipping costs from the States, so
I found some vendors in the UK:
http://www.thedjshop.co.uk/products.asp?id=2704
http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.pl?item=numpt01http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=67266
http://www.djgear.co.uk/?node_id=1.2&product=1713

However, this site (German) seems to have higher end tables in heavy
duty "Flight cases" and being in Europe might cost less in shipping:
http://djservice.com/dj_equipment/framesets/dummyframe.html?main=/dj_equipment/warwick_turntable_case.html

Rod

Francesco Martinelli wrote:

Rod,
thank you for your suggestion, but I am afraid that shipping costs to
Italy
would be quite high... that's why I was inquiring about European
turntables.
On the other hand, if you look at the BST they DO look remarkably
similar to
Numark, don't you think?
FM