Re: [ARSCLIST] "The Record Effect"

I was wondering about that too after reading the column - here's Alex
Ross' blog post regarding this question:
http://www.therestisnoise.com/2005/06/was_stravinsky_.html

/EL

On Jun 28, 2005, at 12:41 PM, David Lennick wrote:

Most interesting..I've forwarded the link to 78-L. But where did Ernest
Ansermet get Jelly Roll Morton records in 1916, 7 years before Morton
began
recording?

dl

Tom Caw wrote:

Here it is:
http://www.newyorker.com/critics/atlarge/articles/050606crat_atlarge

Alex Ross also has one of the more entertaining blogs going, called
The
Rest is Noise: http://therestisnoise.com/

Tom Caw
-----
Tom S. Caw
UWM Music Library
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI 53211
W: 414.229.5529
H: 414.963.1507
<tscaw@xxxxxxx>

I clicked on the link but can't find the article, just the NYT front
page.  Can you post a link to the actual article?

Joe Conway
Technical Director
Naropa University Audio Archive