Re: [ARSCLIST] 2GB limit for audio file formats

Don Cox:

> For recording, no. You want a higher sample rate in case you need to
> detect clicks or make any pitch changes.

?

I can easily do +- 50% pitch change at 44.1 kHz with no problems at all
from the use of 44.1 kHz.

The problem the software has is not in the sample rate, no need for 192
kHz here, the problems is in getting good splice points and in this
regard most software will easily produce audible artifacts that makes
the tempo uneven which are independent of the sample rate.

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther