[ARSCLIST] West Texas Music Conference

In October 2005 the city of Lubbock, Texas is sponsoring the Lubbock
Texas Music Festival that will last several days. There will be many
musical performances from local and national acts.  A few of us in the
community have been asked to organize a modest one day conference with
several panels about West Texas music and/or musicians. If anyone has a
paper or panel idea please send it along to me ASAP. Please feel free to
pass this information along to anyone who may be interested. The
tentative date for the conference is Saturday the 15th. I will post more
information as it becomes available.

Here are some of the artists from the West Texas region: Buddy Holly,
Bob Wills, Waylon Jennings, Mac Davis, Jimmy Dean, Roy Orbison, Tanya
Tucker, Sonny Curtis, Joe Ely, Clay Jenkins, Bobby Keys, Grammy
nominated Groupo Milagro, and Grammy winner Natalie Maines

Curtis Peoples
Archivist
PO Box 41041
Texas Tech University
Southwest Collections Special Collections Library
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1041
curtis.peoples@xxxxxxx
Phone: 806-742-3749 ext 265
Fax: 806-742-0496