[ARSCLIST] stuck tape

I hope that someone might have a solution for this problem.  This
morning I am having my intern copy oral history tapes to make service
copies for research and to send off for transcription and while she was
dubbing one of the tapes in the high speed dubbing machine it stopped.
At that point the copy rewound but the original wouldn't budge.  I
pulled it out of the machine and tried to manually advance or reverse
the tape but it is completely stuck as if all of the tape melted
together at that one spot.  The tape will rewind but it will not go past
that one spot so half of the tape is usable and the other half is just
stuck.  Any suggestions on how to salvage this tape?  Is it salvageable?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christina J. Hostetter

Archivist

Eric Friedheim Library at