Re: [ARSCLIST] My new "studio"

At 11:14 PM 6/11/2005, phillip holmes wrote:
 What you
do with tape looks more "fearsome" than 78 restorations (some of it looks
positively impossible to fix).  I guess it takes patience for good results,
whatever the media is.

Well, I joke about knowing what I don't know for grooved media. Selecting the correct stylus and tracking force is something that is "fearsome" to me. It's all what you get used to. I've been playing with tape for a long time. I used to joke in high school (in the 60s) when asked what instrument I played, "the recorder.......as in tape." <smile>

Do you have any idea what the weight is?  Items like that can cost an arm
and/or leg to ship to Texas from Montreal.

I paid $500 CDN for it in Toronto, I would expect that you can get a good, electrostatically shielded transformer from a far more local manufacturer. It's about 100 pounds--it's all copper windings. It needs to be isolated and mounted away from the room.

SquareD make good transformers. Check with your local electrical
distributor. Ask for an electrostatically shielded transformer. See what he
comes up with. That's how I found Marcus.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                           email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vignettes