Re: [ARSCLIST] First LP

While we're on the topic, ML 4001 was the first 12" lp in the series. The first
10" lp, probably in the same release, was Beethoven's 8th Symphony with Bruno
Walter and the New York Philharmonic, ML 2001. First popular release, CL 6001,
was (as if you couldn't guess) "The Voice..of Frank Sinatra". Interesting that
Columbia began numbering each series at 01 while Victor always started a series
at 00.

dl